Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Blue Ridge Mountains

'Mountain Music' 8x10 pastel
This scene is the view of the meadow and the mountains beyond from my wildflower series. It is painted on pastelbord using a turpenoid wash. This time I took photos of every step and I will try to put them in a slideshow format so you can see my work in progress. I am really enjoying this technique with the turpenoid wash. In other news....I am taking Corey & Caitlin to Chicago along with my friend Cindy and her daughter Anna. We are going at the end of the month to visit the School of the Art Institute of Chicago. Corey has been accepted for Fall and he needs to make a decision. It is going to be a fun trip!

5 comments:

pattrsnd said...

I really love this Karen! It's my kind of landscape!

Karen said...

Thank you David!!

Donna T said...

This is beautiful, Karen. I would love to see how you did the underpainting. If your son decides to go to Chicago there might be lots of museums and shopping for you when you visit him.

Karen said...

Thanks Donna. I have the photos and hope to get to putting them into a slide show this weekend. I think Chicago would be a good place for Corey....and fun to visit him! We'll see how he likes it.
Karen

Jo Castillo said...

This is beautiful. I am enjoying your latest works. Good luck on Chicago and whatever choice is made!