Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Sunday, October 01, 2006

My Daily Painting...Marsh Sunset

'Sunset Surprise' 6x6
This little marsh painting was done from a photo I took during our painting trip to the South Carolina Low Country. We had just arrived at Beaufort, SC after 6 hours in the car. We were just slightly lost (missed a turn). As we drove down the main drag, I happened to see a gorgeous sunset through the trees. Holly turned down a side street and we arrived at this marshy area behind the city municiple buildings. What luck!!! We quickly took our photos before the sun was gone. It was one of my top ten sunsets and that says a lot! This painting is 6x6 on LaCarte...my first landscape on this paper. I do know that I am loving this format and size! The water doesn't cut the paper in half...it seems I cut off some marsh when I took the photo!

No comments: