Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Dunes with a Desert Palette

'Fall Dunes' 8x10
Here is yet another homework assignment. I have been using these assignments to give me ideas for my daily paintings. For this assignment we were to use the color palette from another artist and paint an unrelated scene. I chose a painting by Jan Myers called 'Evening Sagebrush' and I used her colors to paint my sand dune scene. This is painted on a pumice board underpainted with turquoise. I think it would be fun to do the same exact scene using many different color combinations and color schemes....I will put that on my list! Tomorrow I go to the Margaret Dyer workshop on painting the figure in pastel. It's a three day workshop. If I get a chance, I will post a report tomorrow evening. Wish me luck...I know nothing about painting the figure so this will be an experience for sure!

3 comments:

Jo Castillo said...

Hi Karen, This is very nice. Your homework looks so interesting. I like working on the board with pumice, too. The color switching idea sound like it would be helpful in practice.
Later,
Jo

Anonymous said...

Nice soft colors and great texture!

Rhonda Hurwitz said...

this caught my eye today. Loose and painterly, just beautiful