Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Monday, May 26, 2008

Queen Anne's Lace close up #2

'Against the Sky' 5x7 pastel
I just got back from a weekend up in the North Carolina mountains. The weather was perfect and I had a chance to do some small paintings. I only did one plein air piece becuase by the time we arrived at the lake the light was so flat so I ended up painting from some photos I took in the mountains. Painting outside on the houseboat was a lot of fun and very relaxing! I took a lot of photos too....wildflower fields, butterflies, sunsets...can't wait to get painting!

2 comments:

Jo Castillo said...

This is so nice. I like the uplifting gesture and colors. Good movement.

Dar Presto said...

This has a great perspective. You've found such a variety of colors and represented the delicateness so well. It's beautiful.