Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Mermaid Whimsy

'A Mermaid from Nantucket' 7x5 pastel
We are headed up to New England next week so I am getting in the mood. What does a mermaid have to do with New England? Well, we are visiting Nantucket Island where my dad's family is from. My grandfather was born and raised on Nantucket. In fact we can trace our roots back to the original settlers of the island back in the late 1600's. My grandfather used to tell my dad stories about the mermaids of Nantucket who would chase him down the beach....so here is my Nantucket mermaid. I am excitied about visiting Nantucket...I haven't been there since I was a child! I had fun painting this and adding touches of pearlescent pastels.

No comments: