Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Sanibel Sea Shell Painting

'Sanibel Cockle Shell' 6x8 pastel
I spent the weekend working on a large acrylic painting. It is a challenge for me and a much slower process to mix the colors I need rather than reaching for the correct pastel stick. I know the color I want but I am not quick enough in my mixing skills. I know that more practice would be helpful but there just isn't enough time in the day to do it all! This is a painting I did using a 'faux' gold leaf technique. I am working on this technique and will be trying other ideas as well. It doesn't photograph very well but the gold really complements the shell and adds a nice rich sparkle to the painting.

1 comment:

Meda said...

I know what you mean about mixing acrylics. I am about to try oils see if I like it better.