Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Desert Wildflowers

'Desert Blooms' 11x14 pastel
Today's painting is a commission I just completed. It is a larger version of a study that had sold. I am waiting to hear if my client is pleased or if changes are needed. I really enjoy commissions and working with my collectors to create a special painting. It is nice to get to know them even if it is just through emails. The waiting part is hard though!
Today is Mystery Painting day. My morning students did some great work and I am waiting for my night class to see what they come up with . I plan on putting them all together in a collage tomorrow.

4 comments:

Andrée Casaubon said...

Congratulations Karen for your Award at the IAPS 2011 poster contest and also for that fresh piece of art again...
Andrée C Québec , Canada

Theresa Evans said...

Beautiful! I love the light in this, Karen.

Karen said...

Thank you Andree!

Karen said...

Thank you Theresa. I am glad you like it! Made my day! :)