Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Friday, September 23, 2011

Hydrangeas 8x10 pastel SOLD

'Summer Blues' 8x10 pastel
I had fun in the studio today working on a commission of a tree in a meadow. It is 16x20 and it has been awhile since I worked larger. I know that isn't very big at all but when you paint small 16x20 is big! I do like it though and wish I did it more often. Today's painting is the hydrangea still life I did earlier this week. I loved using those wonderful blues and purples! I did a value underpainting with an alcohol wash for this painting.

2 comments:

Andrée Casaubon said...

This is a wonderful piece Karen. It is light and fresh. The blues are amazing, and more than that it is my favorite flower. I do some pastels also and I would like to live closer to your home to attend one of your workshops...thanks to put joy in our hearts every day of posting your pieces of art... Andrée

Karen said...

Thank you for writing Andree. I would love to have you at my classes! I do have plans for an online class but I haven't been able to get them started. Keep looking!