Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Purple Mountains Majesty ...a monochromatic painting

'Purple Mountains Majesty' 8x10 pastel
This week we worked on doing some monochromatic paintings. We removed the challenge of choosing the right colors so we could concentrate on values. When I began painting I read and heard so much about the importance of value but to be honest I never really understood what it was or why it was important. When it finally did click for me everything made so much more sense. I think that when we are learning something new such as how to paint...there is so much information for us to process. We don't always get everything at once but with study and practice it will all fall into place. Monochromatic studies have been a great tool for me to learn to control the values in my paintings.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello,

I really like your paintings! Thank you for inspiring me! Can I ask you how you got famous? How did you get more viewers and even buyers?

Best wishes,
Cecilia