Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Saturday, September 03, 2011

Soaptree Yucca New Mexico

'Desert Blooms' 11x14 pastel
I had a great day in the studio. I painted all day and I don't think I am done yet. Just taking a blog break! Yesterday I did a few underpaintings all of them New Mexico landscapes. I like to paint series of things and I have been wanting to paint from photos of my recent trip to New Mexico. These Yuccas were actually from my trip two years ago. The blooms were pink which added a nice bit of color to the landscape. I thought the blooms on the yucca were white but evidently they can be tinged with pink. These blooms were quite pink and very beautiful! This painting is on Uart paper with an oil stain underpainting.




3 comments:

tj said...

Hi Karen, this is a beautiful painting as always!!!

tj said...

Hi Karen, this is another beautiful painting. You are an awsome artist!!!!

Karen said...

Thank you so much!