Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Sunflower Bouquets 8x10 pastel

I’ve been working on some florals today for a change of pace. Usually my flowers are in meadows and not in vases so it is a bit different. For these paintings I did a value underpainting with an alcohol wash on Uart paper. In my pastel class we have been focusing on designing a painting with big simple shapes so the value underpaintings were helpful to set up the paintings with the big value shapes and not all the picky details I saw in my photos. Next on the easel is a pitcher of hydrangeas!

Price: $95 USD for each painting
Or, send me an email

1 comment:

tj said...

Your Sunflower bouquets are absolutely beautiful!Love the rich colors. I wish I lived closer I would be at every class you offered! Tami