Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Sunday, August 19, 2012

An Interview with Karen Margulis..Daily Paintworks Artist in the Spotlight

'Tiny Treasures'         8x10         pastel            ©Karen Margulis  available $80 here
  I am excited to be the Artist in the Spotlight at Daily Paintworks.com. This week you can read my interview on the Daily Paintworks blog. I will also be giving away an 8x10 pastel to a Daily Paintworks follower. I am sharing a snippet of the interview here and I would love for you to visit the DPW blog to read the interview and leave a comment if you wish.  Click Here for the link to the entire article

Tell us a bit about how you first started painting.

I took art classes in high school, but didn't start painting until my own children were in high school and I found myself with extra time. I started doing a small daily painting and posted it to my blog so that I could improve my painting skills. I have been doing a daily painting for 7 years now!

Did you have any stops and starts in your painting career?

Once I started painting, I haven't stopped. I recently retired from my day job to paint and teach full time. I can't imagine ever stopping now that I've rediscovered art.


What mediums and genres have you experimented with? Which ones have "stuck" and which ones have fallen away? Which ones are you looking forward to exploring?

I started with watercolor, but quickly discovered that pastel was my passion. I love the vibrancy and the immediacy of pastels. I have recently started exploring oils and I really do enjoy the texture I can get with paint. I look forward to working to improve my skills with the brush....

'Maine Lupines'   8x10   pastel
 This painting will be given away to a lucky Daily Paintwork's visitor who has recently purchased work on DPW.  Click here to read the article and see the details of the giveaway.

No comments: