Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Sunday, July 21, 2019

Have You Taken The Pastel Paper Challenge? New Video!




My challenge paintings. All are 6x8 on various pastel papers

It was one of the best things I ever did to help me improve my paintings. I have repeated it a couple of times over the years but it was time to do it again. It was time for a new Paper Challenge!  When Dakota Pastels sent me one of their Paper Samplers I couldn't wait to get started! Thanks Dakota for the paper and the nudge. Once again I learned so much from the challenge and I discovered papers I didn't know I would like! 

I made a video of the last painting in the series. You can watch the video by clicking on the link to my YouTube channel. 

https://youtu.be/ccF3TBa3kZg




You can try the challenge too! Dakota offers this paper sampler pack as well as a pastel board pack which I will review soon. You can also gather up the papers available to you. The key is to choose a simple subject and to paint small studies 6x8 is perfect. Use the same pastel palette for each painting!

If you are not already a member of my Patreon Page consider joining us. We are doing the Paper Challenge together and sharing our insights. I also have expanded commentary on this video! (just $4 a month !) www.patreon.com/karenmargulis

No comments: