Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Monday, July 15, 2019

New Video Demo with Tips for Painting Larger Pastels

'Summer Under the Palms'               18x24                 pastel                ©Karen Margulis
available $250

I have been in the mood to paint large. So yesterday I had some time to paint and selected a photo from my recent vacation to Florida. I wanted to paint an impression of palm trees. Painting them larger gave me the freedom to be expressive with my mark making. It truly was liberating and fun!
I made a video of the painting process and also shared three tips for painting larger pastel paintings. 




Click on the link below to watch the video!


The pastels I used for the demo....my Floral Landscape set of Terry Ludwig pastels and some hard pastels by Charvin

I buy Uart paper by the full sheet and occasionally by the roll

No comments: