Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Saturday, August 31, 2019

New Video Release: How to Paint Better Shadows!





'Simple Pleasures'              8x10             pastel            sold

Shadows were the thing that challenged me the most....right after value!  When I would hear instructors talk about painting shadows I would be overwhelmed. Warm Light = cool shadows ...shadows on flat planes vs slanted....color and value of shadows.......It was too much information and I struggled to get my shadows to look believable.

I have learned some tips that have helped me. I have shared them in the past here on the blog and also through an in-depth unit on my Patreon Page. Today I am releasing one of the videos I shared in my Patreon unit on Light and Shadow. Click on the link below to see the video. Be sure to like and subscribe to my channel!





Here is the painting  before I fixed the 'bad' shadows. What changes do you think I made?




Head over to my Patreon Page for much more on painting light and shadows! www.patreon.com/karenmargulis

No comments: