Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Tuesday, October 15, 2019

It's Time to Paint Autumn Trees!

'Golden Moments'               12x9             pastel             ©Karen Margulis
available $175
 Every October for the past few years I have taught a workshop in Pecos New Mexico. This year I am going to the beach with friends instead. (I'll be sharing more on this later this week)  My trips to New Mexico in the fall have provided me with much inspiration and plenty of reference photos of fall foliage. I spent some time a few weeks ago creating lessons on painting trees for my Patreon Page. I had fun revisiting my New Mexico trip to paint seem trees for the videos and demos.

Today I released an in depth step by step demo of this aspen tree in its fall glory. I used a piece of 9x12 Art Spectrum Colourfix paper in a buff color. I did a wash with primary colors. You can see the complete demo on my Patreon Page. There is a $4 month pledge but I would love to have you join us! www.patreon.com/karenmargulis


You can also search my blog for Fall Trees to find a lot more information on how I paint fall trees with pastels. The search box is located on the right side of my blog. www.karenmargulis.com


Starting the underpainting




I love yellow!!

2 comments:

Tim Moore said...

i purchased a few Mt.Vision reds, my favs!..in anticipation of fall..going to dive into your demo..

MYSTELIOS said...

Absolutely beautiful !!!