Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Sunday, December 27, 2020

New Video Demo Release! Working with a Budget Limited Palette Set of Pastels

                       9x12 pastel on Uart 400 with Daler Rowney Pastels         ©Karen Margulis       sold  


If you are just getting started with pastels you may not have many pastels or you may not wish to invest a lot of money right away. You can paint with a small set of limited palette pastels! In February 2020 on my Patreon Page we explored a budget set of 16 pastels. I am now releasing this Patreon demo video to show you how you can paint a marsh with a very limited set of pastels! Click here to watch the video on my YouTube channel:


Consider joining me on Patreon for much more on working with budget pastels sets! This year I will be reviewing moderate priced sets! I just ordered 3 half stick sets from Dakota Pastels and I can't wait to use them! 


I used the Daler Rowney set of 16 pastels for my demos and lessons. I am told that the Blick brand soft pastel is the same. You can find a similar set here:  https://www.dickblick.com/items/blick-artists-soft-pastel-set-assorted-colors-set-of-15/


 

1 comment:

MYSTELIOS said...

My very best wishes for Happy New Year 2021 !!!