Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Saturday, April 17, 2021

New YouTube Video Demo: Try A Crazy Underpainting!

 





'Under the Summer Sun'              10x16         pastel       ©Karen Margulis        available $350


Today I went a little crazy and painted on an oil stain underpainting with leftover paint. The end result was a field of sunflowers! Watch me get from the crazy underpainting to the finished field in this video demo. I also answer a question about underpaintings and how to decide what technique and colors to use. Hint: There is no right or wrong answer!

I hope you enjoy the video and please feel free to share the link with your artist friends! 

                                                           https://youtu.be/4ymEjcmECQs           





Below is a photo of the underpainting. I used leftover oil paint that I thinned with odorless mineral spirits (gamsol) There was no plan other than to use up the paint! 


I used my set of Terry Ludwig pastels (Floral Landscape) and some Schmincke pastels for the finishing touches.




No comments: