Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Monday, May 16, 2022

New Explorations in the Studio!


 

MY BLOG HAS BEEN HACKED THIS WEEK. IF YOU ARE RECEIVING ANY POSTS THAT DON'T LOOK LIKE MY USUAL ART POSTINGS DO NOT OPEN ANY LINKS!  I AM WORKING ON A FIX BUT THE HACKERS HAVE BEEN PERSISTENT. I WILL NEVER SEND OUT A POST WITH ADVERTISEMENTS OR LINKS!! I APOLOGIZE FOR THIS TROUBLE.

I have had a lot of things going on in my studio! This blog has been neglected by me as I work on content for Patreon and Youtube. I need to schedule a regular update for my blog readers! I appreciate you all.  I began the year working on oil paintings. I wish I could say I followed through on my daily oil painting commitment but I didn't. My easel is still set up and waiting for me though!

I also took an online abstract workshop with Larry Moore. It was so much fun and I have been experimenting with ways to introduce abstraction to my landscapes. I won't change my style but I am having fun exploring another way of using pastel and interpreting my favorite subjects. 

The painting I am sharing today is 10x8 pastel. I was painting water lilies and was having trouble. I wiped out the painting twice! I decided to use the same color palette and turn it into a fun interpretation of wildflowers. 

What do you see in this painting? I had someone tell me they saw a coral reef! How fun! 

No comments: