Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Plein Air Practice for Terry Ludwig's Workshop



It was a beautiful day in Georgia so Jayne, Sherry and I got together to practice plein air painting at Jayne's house. Of course we had to visit and eat so we didn't get started painting until 2:30. It was a good thing we practiced...I still need to work on setting up my new easel like I know what I am doing! I decided to paint the neighbor's big tree. It has so much character and is really deserving of a big painting if you could get the right viewpoint. Jayne was working on the same tree and it was coming along nicely. Then I decided to paint the Bluebird house and the Smoke tree (I think that's what she said it was) There are bluebirds nesting in this box and while we were painting, the male came and asked Jayne for some worms....she put some in a dish and we had the treat of watching them feed! I can see why Jayne can spend all day watching the wildlife in her yard! It was a good warm-up for the workshop. I can't wait to go!

No comments: