Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Osprey Work in Progress

I'm starting another bird painting! This one is 18 x 24 so the osprey is life-size! It's so much fun working large! I started by drawing the osprey on the paper with a pastel pencil. Actually I drew it first on a scrap paper to practice. This is the osprey I photographed last summer on Sanibel Island. It was the day before Tropical storm Arlene hit and the ospreys were very active on the beach. This one took it's catch of fish and landed right at the surfline to feed. Right in front of me! I didn't want to get too close but I had my 35 mm Canon camera with the big lens so I was able to get some awesome close-ups. The osprey didn't seem to be disturbed because people kept walking right by her and she just continued to eat! It was really an amazing experience.

No comments: