Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Sunday, October 08, 2006

My Daily Painting... South Carolina Palm

'Palm Study on the Marsh #1' 9x12 pastel

Sunday was a fun and productive day. Jayne and I got the urge to visit Binders, our local art store. We bought some gatorboard, assorted pastels and I was very tempted to buy the new acrylic paints that Marsha just got. I had them loaded into my basket and was in the process of choosing brushes when I thought....I don't have time to set up for acrylics!!...so I put them back. But I am thinking I will get them. I used to paint with oils and acrylics way back in high school, before I had any kind of instruction or art knowledge. It would be fun to try them again. Then I made up four 8x10 gatorboard panels. I can't wait to try them. And finally, I did this quick palm tree painting. It's my weekly 'canson' practice. Now to decide what to paint on the gatorboard!

No comments: