Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Daily Painting....Painting Clouds

'Sunny Days' 12x16 pastel

I wanted to try painting some clouds. I have added clouds to my paintings here and there but never have they been the focus of the painting. These clouds were so striking against the blue sky so I thought they'd be perfect to paint. I did this on white Wallis paper. I first blocked it in with my hard pastels which I rubbed in with pipe insulation. Then I finished up with the softer pastels working over the whole painting at once. This was fun to paint and I have a few other reference photos from the same scene that I might try.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh WOW! This is beautiful! Your blog is one of my favorites that I visit everyday. Your pastels are so amazing!

Christina said...

Love the clouds, this is wonderful!

Karen said...

Thank you so much! I'm glad you like it and enjoy my blog!

Karen

Donna said...

Karen, these clouds look gorgeous. You did a great job on them as well as all your other paintings which I just love looking at!

Rhonda Hurwitz said...

I love the sky...very successful

Takeyce said...

This is a beautiful painting, Karen.