Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Friday, November 03, 2006

In a Southwest Mood

'El Rancho de las Golondrinas' 12x16 pastel
I was in a bit of a Southwest mood today. Tomorrow Jayne, Holly and I are going to the Booth Museum of Western Art to see an exhibit on New Mexico landscapes. I know once I see the exhibit I will be fired up to try my hand at adobe buildings and SW scenery....but I thought I'd try one before I went just to get me in the frame of mind. Just by chance, A project on Wet Canvas is using this photo of an adobe building just south of Santa Fe....just what I needed! This is my interpretation of the photo.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You used such soft colors. Nicely done! I can't wait to see what else you paint in Southwest style.