Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Painting a Cat

'Jazzpurr at Rest' 5x7
I've been wanting to paint my cats for the longest time. I have five of them so that should give me plenty of feline models. For some reason I have avoided painting them. The other night at pastel class, Marsha asked us what we want to personally work on next session. For me I think it is not avoiding subjects that give me the most trouble....cats are one of them. Also, one of my friends in the class brought in the most wonderful painting she did of her cat which has inspired me to paint my own. So here is Jazz....he's my biggest cat and a sweet quiet boy who buries under the covers to keep my feet warm. This painting is 5x7 on LaCarte paper. It may not be perfect but it really does capture his look.

No comments: