Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Another ACEO....Sunflowers SOLD


I thought I'd share another mini I painted yesterday. Sunflowers are my favorite flowers to paint and I have to paint them every once in awhile. This one is 2.5 x 3.5. I want to try to mat some of them in a 5x7 frame to see how they look. I am thinking about getting my son who is an art major a mat cutter...then he can cut my mats...I am not good with precision!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karen, Do you use only nupastels or polychromas on these or do you also use soft pastels?

Karen said...

Hi Carol,
I use mostly the nupastels and polychromos. Then I will add a layer with Giraults and finally some of the darkest darks or lights with softer pastels....sometimes but not always.
karen