Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Monday, February 19, 2007

My Pastel Homework

'Playful Forest' 8x16
This is my version of trees using a method that Holly & Jayne were playing with. It is done on an 8x16 piece of gatorfoam (love that stuff). Instead of painting the board one color, we dripped the Golden acrylic paint, sprayed the paint with water, then let it run. After the paint dried, we coated the board with a pumice mixture. The drips jump started my ideas for the painting. This went through several stages until they finally became fantasy fir trees. It was really fun to just let go and play with color and textures. Tomorrow I plan to take a picture of all three of our tree paintings and post it. Now onto another homework assignment!

No comments: