Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Friday, April 20, 2007

The Osprey's Nest Pastel Painting

'The Osprey's Nest' 5x7 pastel
The Osprey is my absolute favorite bird. I saw my first osprey when I was a child on a drive to the Florida Keys. I have been fascinated by them ever since. I seek them out wherever I go and I have been lucky enough to see them on lake near my home. By far the best place for osprey watching is Sanibel Island. The ospreys fishing the beach were so plentiful that they were like seagulls...they were everywhere you looked and the air was filled with their call of 'chee chee'. I have a photo I took of this particular osprey nest that I would love to paint. It has the female in the nest with two babies and the male delivering a fish to the family. It's on my list to paint someday!

1 comment:

Jo Castillo said...

Karen, this is great. Will be waiting for the next one.

Ospreys and their nests are so interesting. Thanks for painting this.

Jo