Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Monday, August 13, 2007

More Appalachian Wildflowers

'Country Fields' 8x10 pastel
I took many reference photos from this field of wildflowers at the John Campbell Folk School in the North Carolina mountains. This is the second painting in a series I am doing of this field. For this painting I decided to do an alcohol wash underpainting. I am gearing up to do a much larger version but I am still having a nagging problem with my elbow so I am only going to paint 5x7's for the next couple of weeks...painting large seems to aggravate it so I have to be good!

2 comments:

Ann said...

I really love your work. I have been reading along here for a couple of months and am always in awe of your use of color! This one is particularly nice and looks like scenes I encounter everyday here where I live. Makes me want to get out my pastels again!
Ann

Jo Castillo said...

Karen, your flowers dance! Very nice,
Jo