Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Sunday, July 20, 2008

North Carolina Plein Air

'Wayah Creek' 8x10 pastel
I am back from a great weekend get away to Franklin, North Carolina. Jayne and I joked that we fit a week's vacation into one day! We got some great reference photos and tried out our new art comber carts. We stayed at Wayah Creek cabins which had wonderful gardens and was right on the creek. We'd love to go back again. We also discovered Perry's Water Gardens which sells water lilies and lotus plants wholesale. They were in full bloom and it was just amazing! It was like Monet's garden. And the dragonflies were everywhere. It was heaven! Here is my one plein air painting. There just wasn't enough time to do any more. I will just have to go back!

3 comments:

Donna T said...

Nice plein air, Karen. That sounds like a wonderful place for a painting vacation - and water lilies too!

Susan's Scribbles said...

This is a gorgeous painting! I'm so glad you were able to get it done.

Karen said...

Thank you Donna. It has been a long time since I have done a plein air and it was fun!
Thanks Susan! I appreciate your commenting!
Karen