2018 Workshop Details Coming Soon! click here
Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction

Friday, March 13, 2009

First Encounter WIP

First Encounter is the working title for this painting. I have completed my 'road map' by laying in a few layers of darks and indicating the lights. The lighting was dramatic and I hope to capture that in the painting. Next I will continue building layers of color all over the painting. It's funny though because even as it is at this early stage, it is very much Tobi & Maya. I don't want to lose that so I will proceed carefully. This is 18x24 on LaCarte paper.

2 comments:

Deborah Secor said...

Wow--beautiful start. I really like the rhythms of this one already. Good planning does that.

Check my blog today--there's a surprise for you there.

Karen said...

Thank you so much Deborah. And thank you for your kind words and recogition on your blog. I am so honored! As soon as I figure out hhow I will 'tag' two others. Thank you!!
Karen