2018 Workshop Details Coming Soon! click here
Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Mountain Haybales

'Morning in the Mountains' 8x10 pastel
Today's painting is the demo I did for my class today. We talked about using underpaintings for our pastel paintings. Our focus today was on doing a complementary color underpainting. I chose this scene because it was very green and I felt that the complementary colors would help give the greens some variation and life.

4 comments:

Jane Hunt said...

This is beautiful! I'd love to feature you on my blog http://janehuntart.blogspot.com
Take a look and let me know if you're interested.
Thanks,
Jane

Chris Chalk said...

Hi Karen, I think your under painting here does indeed make this painting sing. Great colours with a ethereal quality. Good work. I like it. Keep creating, Chris

Karen said...

Hi Chris,
Thank you! I'm glad it worked for this painting. I need to remember to do it again!

Karen said...

Jane,
Thank you very much! I would be honored to be featured on your blog. Your work is wonderful by the way! My email is kemstudios@yahoo.com
Karen