Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Boardwalk in Wildwood New Jersey pastel study

'Boardwalk Colors' 5x7 pastel
Today's painting is a study I did for a larger commission piece. I painted this scene a couple of years ago and that painting is currently in the Nupastel ad for the Blick catalog 2009. For the new painting I will be changing some of the colors and the horizon. I like to revisit scenes I've painted before to see how I could paint them in a different way. It is a fun challenge.

3 comments:

pattrsnd said...

Oh yeah! I love this Karen...look at all that wonderful movement!!

Karen said...

Thanks David! I appreciate your comments. I loved your latest post on wc!
Karen

Cynthia said...

You have really captured the excitement near the Boardwalk and the Piers.