2018 Workshop Details Coming Soon! click here
Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Boardwalk in Wildwood New Jersey pastel study

'Boardwalk Colors' 5x7 pastel
Today's painting is a study I did for a larger commission piece. I painted this scene a couple of years ago and that painting is currently in the Nupastel ad for the Blick catalog 2009. For the new painting I will be changing some of the colors and the horizon. I like to revisit scenes I've painted before to see how I could paint them in a different way. It is a fun challenge.

3 comments:

David Patterson said...

Oh yeah! I love this Karen...look at all that wonderful movement!!

Karen said...

Thanks David! I appreciate your comments. I loved your latest post on wc!
Karen

Cynthia said...

You have really captured the excitement near the Boardwalk and the Piers.