Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Wednesday, September 09, 2009

More 4x6 Marsh Studies

I want to be ready to paint the marshes in November so I have been giving myself some challenges. This week's challenge is to do some small quick studies. Each one is 4x6 and I only allowed myself 5-10 minutes for each. I also limited myself to Stan Sperlak's set of Terry Ludwig pastels which are perfect marsh colors. I like to paint fast as a rule but 5 minutes isn't a lot of time....just enough time to get the essence of the scene. These are a lot of fun! I actually taped up all 5 pieces of paper before I started and just did one after another.

1 comment:

Linda Navroth said...

I think I'd like to try something similar. We have a freshwater marsh (and nature preserve) a few miles from where I live and it would be real easy to pop over there, set up, and do some quick sketches like this.