Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Another Plein Air Marsh Painting

'Saturday's Marsh' 8x10 pastel
Out of all of the plein air paintings I did last week on my trip to the South Carolina coast I would have to pick this one as my personal favorite. I have a few reasons for this. I painted this from the deck of the house overlooking the marsh on Saturday afternoon. It was the 3rd day of the workshop and we had the afternoon for freetime. Jayne and Holly went to take photos, Susan and Lisa had errands and Betsy and I set up on the deck to paint. It was a beautiful warm afternoon after a dreary week weather-wise. I painted 6 paintings that afternoon but I feel this one captured my impression of the marsh the best without me getting too fussy with the details. It also sums up the fun I was having being a part of a great group of artists at a beautiful spot!

No comments: