'Field of Lace' 8x10 pastel
I was interesting in trying to paint my usual subject of wildflowers on the new textured surfaces I made. This was painted on watercolor paper that I covered with a pumice/gesso mix. It gave a very rough texture that made painting the flowers interesting. After I put down my first layer, I spread acrylic matte medium with a palette knife which acted like a fixative. I think I could have sprayed it and gotten even more layers of pastel down. Click on the painting if you'd like to get a better look at the texture.
If you haven't visited my new painting project blog, I invite you to go check it out. I am up to variation #60!