Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Georgia Sunshine Sunflower Painting

'Georgia Sunshine' 5x7 pastel
We have had more drearly days lately here in Georgia so I thought I'd paint my own sunshine. I always enjoy painting sunflowers and added some of my favorite colors to this one. I have some yellows that don't go on quite as smoothly for some reason so today I fixed one layer with some workable fixative and it made it so much easier. My can is almost empty so I better put it on my supply list. Speaking of supplies, I ordered some new watercolors. I decided that to really do a watercolor underpainting justice, I needed to invest in artist quality watercolors. So I chose Schmincke 1/2 pans and I ordered 12 colors. I chose the colors that Albert Handell was using when I went to his workshop a few years back. The tiny little things arrived today ...wow they are pricey for such a tiny little thing! My palette is on backorder so I suppose I will have to wait to use them. Stay tuned though!

No comments: