Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

St. Thomas Beach Painting

'Caribbean Dreams' 8x10 pastel
I am packing my pastels for my upcoming cruise so I thought I'd make sure I had the right 'Caribbean' colors in my pastel box by painting a scene from last year's cruise. This is Sapphire Beach on St. Thomas USVI. This year we are going to San Juan, St. Kitts and St. Maarten. I am planning on my usual 'lounge chair' plein air paintings.

4 comments:

Candy Barr said...

Karen ~ looks like you're ready! Stunning colors. How exciting to be documenting such a wonderful trip. Look forward to your upcoming series.

Karen said...

Thanks Candy! I'm excited about it!

Jo Castillo said...

Great painting! Lounge chair plein air, my kink of painting! :)

Karen said...

Thanks Jo! It really is a great way to do plein air. I will plan on taking pictures of my set up to share!