Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Sunday, July 04, 2010

Nantucket Island in July SOLD

'Summer in Nantucket' 5x7 pastel
I hope everyone is having a wonderful 4th of July weekend. I just got home from some time on my sister's housebout up in the mountains. What a relaxing time we had with family and friends and her two adorable Golden Retriever puppies! I had no internet access which in a way was actually nice but came home to a pile of email including an invitation to visit a cousin on Nantucket. We have gone there for the past two summers but with my big trip out west this summer, sadly Nantucket will have to wait until next summer. I just love it there and never get tired of painting from the photos I took. This little 5x7 study was done for my class last week. Our focus was on finding ways to resolve a foreground. I'll share the other studies this week.

2 comments:

Mary said...

You've really captured the feel of that location! Beautiful, feels like I'm there!

Karen said...

Thank you Mary, I really do love Nantucket!