Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Sunset Surprise...Grand Teton Rainbow

'Sunset Surprise' 11x14 pastel on paper ©Karen Margulis
I believe that there isn't a photo or a painting that could capture the magic of this sunset. We had just entered Grand Teton National Park after a long day on the road. It had been raining on and off and there had been some serious storms in the area, one that sadly led to the death of a climber earlier in the day. But as we drove into the park the clouds started to break and the sun began to illuminate the low clouds.....soon there was a rainbow. We got to a pullout and jumped out of the car. It changed every second getting more and more spectacular. Never had I seen such a dramatic and beautiful sunset. The rainbow intensified and then another rainbow appeared....someone said they saw a third rainbow! And it got even better....the rainbows were complete. I couldn't get it all in my camera! But it is in my head and in my heart. I will never forget that sunset!

2 comments:

Colleen K Carrigan said...

Beautiful art piece of such a powerful magestic moment! I Love it!!

Karen said...

Thank you Colleen. It was a magical moment for sure!