2018 Workshop Details Coming Soon! click here
Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction

Friday, October 01, 2010

Carson River in September

'Riverside Magic' 12x16 pastel
Today's painting is from a photo I took of the Carson River late on afternoon. The sun was low and the yellow bushes just seemed to glow. I can hear the sound of the river rushing over the rocks. What a wonderful spot! I am finally getting caught up from my travels and after a couple of commissions I have plans for a new series based on some of my plein air studies. I can't wait to get started!

2 comments:

Sara Mathewson said...

Karen, i just love the colors in this one! you are on a roll!

Jim said...

Beautiful pastels, just gorgeous. I have just started. I have been an amateur astronomer for about 45 years now. I began imaging about 10 years ago. I hope to make pastels based on my images and other stuff as well.