Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Friday, October 08, 2010

Dandelions Plein Air Pastel 5x7

'California Dreams' 5x7 pastel ©Karen Margulis
Here is one from the Richard McKinley workshop last month. I had finished a painting of the river and mountains and wanted to do something more intimate. I saw these dandelions in the grass near my easel and they looked so beautiful backlit by the sun. I sat down and did a quick study. I always manage to find 'weeds' to paint as my husband would say!

1 comment:

Sara Mathewson said...

I know some comments have been left on facebook but just wanted to say I do love this and think dandelions get a bad rap! love all your wildflower paintings! Keep it up! they always put a smile on my face. I would love to take a workshop with you someday. i guess that would mean a little escapade out east:)