Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Kiawah Island Dunes

'November Dunes' 8x10 pastel ©Karen Margulis
I was inspired by the wonderful painting of my friend Lisa to take out my photos of Kiawah Island. Last Fall we had a wonderful workshop on Kiawah Island with Stan Sperlak. I have painted the marshes several times but have not done any paintings of the beach. This one is painted on dark gray Pastelmat.
Tomorrow Jayne and I are going to Asheville North Carolina for a weekend workshop with Ann Templeton. We have liked Ann's work ever since we watched her DVD years ago. It was too good an opportunity to pass up a road trip to Asheville. I am hoping for some good Fall color photo ops!

Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $145 USD
Or, send me an email

3 comments:

Angela said...

Beautiful painting Karen! The colors are all so dreamy and calming :). I wish I could paint that sky! It's wonderful! :)

Marian Fortunati said...

I love dune paintings... Yours is wonderful!

Karen said...

Thank you so much. This one is on Pastelmat which I need to try more often!