Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Tuesday, November 02, 2010

A Few Mini Pastel Paintings



Today I'd like to share a few of my latest mini pastels. Each one is 2.5 x 3.5 inches on archival pastel paper. Doing these little studies are really helpful when trying to simplify the landscape. These were all timed and took 6 minutes which also makes you simplify. There just isn't enough time to put in too much detail. These little studies are also a great way to work out colors and composition for larger paintings. I am all ready to paint this evening and I am breaking out my new Jimmy Wright set of Great American pastels. They are gorgeous!

These little paintings are available for $20 each. The top one is sold already. Email me at kemstudios@yahoo.com if you are interested.

4 comments:

Sara Mathewson said...

Love all of them Karen!
So, fess up, how many Great American sets do you have? LOL!

These are truly little gems.

Sara

Karen said...

Lol! Hmmmm I have probably 5 sets but three of them were won as prizes so I don't count them in my pastel budget! :)

pattrsnd said...

These are wonderful Karen...love 'em!

Karen said...

Thanks David! Great to hear from you!