Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Island in the Marsh 9x9

'Island in the Marsh' 9x9 pastel
A productive day in my newly organized studio. I set up two additional easels so I now have a pastel area, an oil area, an acrylic area and a print making area. It is so nice to have a roomy studio! I am hoping by having all my supplies out and ready I can experiment with these different mediums as the mood strikes me. I also organized all of my printed reference photos. They had gotten so unorganized so it feels great to have them back into their categories. Today's painting is a scene from Kiawah Island. I have painted a larger view of this spot but it was fun to rethink it and paint a square format.

Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $140 USD
Or, send me an email

5 comments:

Jo Castillo said...

The painting is great. It is always a help to have your paints/pastels ready to go. Have fun!

Kathy Cousart said...

Karen, I am envious of your studio space! Sounds wonderful. Love this one of Kiawah...beautiful colors.

Julie Hopkins said...

Love this one, Karen!

Karen said...

Thank you Kathy. I am going to try to post some pictures later this week when I finish organizing!

Karen said...

Thanks Julie! I appreciate you stopping by!