Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Sunday, December 05, 2010

Plein Air California September 2010


I didn't get to paint today so I went into the 'archives' to find a painting I have not shared. This is a 5x7 plein air study I did at the Richard McKinley workshop in Hope Valley California. I thought it would be fun t share the photo of the location where we were painting. I was interested in the long morning shadows and the bits of golden grasses. The study is 5x7 on Wallis Belgian Mist paper. I don't remember but I may have been sitting down to paint this which would explain the lower angle. Sometimes when I am in a spot I will paint several paintings by shifting my viewpoint slightly and sometimes I will even grab my small box of pastel and sit down to paint. I love the close up views you can get on the ground!

1 comment:

Jala Pfaff said...

Wow, what excellent color you chose. It was transformative. Beautiful.