Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Cactus Bloom 8x10 pastel

'Desert Beauty' 8x10 pastel
Today's painting is a cactus bloom done from a photo I took while at the last IAPS convention in New Mexico. This year I will have Thursday free so I have arranged to go on a photo tour with a local photographer/artist. I will be rooming with my friends Nancy & Susan and they will also be coming on the tour. One of the things we will do is go to a place where there are some cacti in bloom. I can't wait to get more reference photos! This painting is done on dark gray Pastelmat. I don't use this surface very often but I really to like it! I'll have to remember to order some more.

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

WOW Karen this piece is gorgeous!!