Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Siamese Cat Pastel with Block in and Palette SOLD



I have posted this painting on my website blog but I thought I'd post it here and include some photos of my initial block-in and the pastels I used for the painting. The painting is 8x10 on Wallis Belgian Mist. I did my initial block in with a black hard pastel. I went right into the painting with a selection of soft pastels which I choose before starting. I layer my colors by value rather than color which accounts for some of the unusual colors that make up the cat's fur. I really enjoy painting cats!





2 comments:

Elaine said...

Thanks for posting some of your process. It is always interesting to see how other artists approach their work.

And another lovely view of your siamese!

jessie rasche's art gallery said...

Great painting. I really like the design and values, and the colors... and the cat has real personality.