Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Friday, August 05, 2011

A Simple Landscape


'Pink Morning Skies I & II' 8x10 pastel
One of the exercises we did this week for 'Matisse Night' was to choose a Matisse painting and study his color palette. Then we did small color studies using this palette. Next we tried to do a painting in the style of Matisse with these same colors. Finally we used the colors to paint something in our usual style. The idea was to see how a different color palette can inspire us and add something to our repertoire. It was a lot of fun. The above paintings are my quick examples. They were done on canson paper. I really like this combination of colors and I don't think I ever used them together. In case you are wondering the Matisse painting I used as an inspiration is his Goldfish painting.

Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $125 USD
Or, send me an email

No comments: