2018 Workshop Details Coming Soon! click here
Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction

Monday, September 05, 2011

Chamisa in Bloom 8x10 pastel SOLD

'Chamisa in Bloom' 8x10 pastel
It was a rainy day in Georgia today and a great day to stay inside and paint. I started working on this painting and just wasn't happy with the bushes in the foreground. They were just blobs of green and brown. So I gave them a good spray of workable fixative and sat down to eat some cookies and look at facebook. The very first post was a wonderful painting of Rabbitbrush in bloom by Lorenzo Chavez. I was inspired! I needed to make my bushes bloom! So I looked at some reference photos I had of chamisa in bloom to guide me. Thank you Lorenzo for the inspiration! This painting is on Wallis Belgian Mist using mostly Terry Ludwig's Arid landscape set. I love that set!

No comments: